Did you know that we can also help you with different company events both in Finland and abroad? We strengthened our events team six months ago by hiring a seasoned professional, Kaisa Eljaala, to lead the events team. It's time to get to know Kaisa better.
Who is Kaisa Eljaala?
- At work, I'm a versatile professional and passionate about events. Like all of us, I ended up in the business by accident. A trade fair needed additional workers, and here I am now. Little by little, I started getting bigger gigs at events, and left my advertising agency behind.
What are the most memorable events that you have arranged?
- I have had the fortune of producing and designing a range of events, from consumer shows to B2B events. The number of participants has varied between a few and dozens of thousands. I remember something from many of my events: you can always recall the feeling of having nailed something.
This summer, a personnel event we created for a client gave me an unforgettable feeling. The atmosphere was incredible. The team spirit and general vibe even sent shivers down our spines – and we were only organising the event.
Slush has been the largest and most demanding event I have been involved in on the production side. The process was very different from what I was used to, and the production was very technical. I learned a lot there. We had a large, cool group of people working on it – I will always remember them.
Events are not a luxury business. Many times, things will not go exactly according to plan. I can also remember the worst failures and the most heroic rescues.
What is an event that you dream of arranging?
- The opening show for the Olympics. It is a complex, emotional event that has a large budget and is seen by millions of people around the world.
Realistically, though, I enjoy any event that can create a unique experience for its participants. The event may include a performer or speaker that the participant could normally not enjoy. A good event needs to provoke thoughts, emotions and ideas in its participants, so that they come back feeling a bit richer.
You traded a life as an entrepreneur to working at American Express Meetings & Events. What has changed?
- I had been an entrepreneur for a long time, so switching my status to a salaried employee initially felt like a wild move. Now, however, I feel that nothing has changed. I had been working with American Express GBT before, so I knew what I was getting into. My work is similar to what it was before, but I know have more free time. As an entrepreneur, I wanted to be available at all times, and the days were long.
What is your team like?
- Our permanent team is a dynamic mix of different personalities. We have those who like to think big, and others who enjoy micromanaging. My standard team is supplemented by freelancers; they are competent experts from different fields ranging from production to graphic design. Of course, we are supported by the rest of American Express GBT in Finland and all over the world.
What would be an event that you would like to take part in?
- I think it's up to the speakers or performers. An interesting combination of a space used in a new way and an interesting programme could also make me curious.
Do you want to see the event Kaisa and her team could build for your company? Contact us for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.